Molecular Gastronomy Recipe - Spherification Cocktail Grinch
So, named after the Christmas Grinch it has no nasty Grinch elements. Sweet smelling midori making it a cool and light great drink for summer.
1. In a bowl, mix sodium alginate and 13½ oz melon liqueur with a hand blender or an egg beater. Set aside 5 min.
2. In another bowl, dissolve the calcium lactate in 4 cups of water, stirring with a spoon.
3. Fill a pipette with the melon syrup mix and dribble syrup into the calcium lactate bath.
4. In a glass, pour icecubes and ½ oz melon liqueur.
5. Fill the glass with ginger ale to your taste.
6. Pick up the melon caviar with a pierced spoon and dispatch in glass.
7. Decorate with a honeydew melon slice.
1 sachet CALCIUM LACTATE
1 sachet SODIUM ALGINATE
(400 + 15 ml) melon liqueur
4 cups (1l) water
1 slice of honeydew melon